Asian-inspired seasonings pair perfectly with Brussels sprouts in this set-it-and-forget-it recipe.
- 2 (12 oz) pkgs halved Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Set the Brussels sprouts in a large plastic container or resealable bag. Drizzle with honey, close container, and shake to coat. Add the Thai sweet chili sauce and shake again. Finally, add apple cider vinegar and teriyaki sauce, and shake until Brussels sprouts are fully coated.
- Set coated Brussels sprouts in the bowl of a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours, or until fully cooked. Use a slotted spoon to transfer cooked Brussels sprouts to a mixing bowl, reserving the liquid at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Set reserved cooking liquid in a small sauce pan and reduce, over medium-high heat, until a thick syrup forms. Stir frequently, and take care not to scorch the sauce. When sauce is thickened, drizzle over the cooked Brussels sprouts, toss with sesame seeds, and serve.
- In Season
- December 2016
- Calories 90kcal 4%
- Fat 1.1g 2%
- Saturated fat 0.2g <1%
- Carbs 18.9g 6%
- Sodium 146mg 6%
- 11.1g sugar
- 4.3g fiber
- 3.9g protein
- 0mg cholesterol