As easy as frozen burritos and made in your home kitchen. What could be better?
- 2 (15.4 oz) can refried beans
- 6 (9-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
- Reheat the beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, divide the tortillas into 2 groups of 3. Place on a microwavable plate, cover with a damp paper towel, heat for 30 sec., then turn and heat for another 30 sec. Repeat with the second batch of 3.
- Arrange the tortillas on a flat surface and divide the beans evenly between all 6. Place beans in the center of the tortillas, leaving enough room to roll. Divide the cheese evenly on top of the beans. Fold the top and bottom of the tortilla into the beans and roll tightly. Microwave each burrito for 30 sec. and serve warm.
Make ahead: Bean and cheese burritos can be made in bulk ahead of time, then frozen and reheated for an instant snack. If you plan to freeze, be sure to work with room temp ingredients instead of warm. This will allow the burritos to be frozen without getting soggy when you thaw them.
Serve with fresh salsa and avocado.
Want meat? Add shredded deli chicken.
Like it extra cheesy? Add more!
- Fifteen Minutes
- September 2016
- 15 Minutes