Salmon is full of Omega-3 fatty acids and the beets and watercress are rich in antioxidants.
- 2 lbs baking potatoes
- 1 (15 oz) canned no-salt-added sliced beets
- 1 large red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch watercress
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 12 oz salmon fillets
- 1 (6 oz) container plain yogurt, room temperature
- Peel the potatoes and cut into quarters. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook potatoes for 20 min., or until tender. Drain beets in a colander. While potatoes are cooking, halve the onion and slice. Coarsely chop the garlic and watercress.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet over medium low heat and sauté the onion and garlic for 10 min., stirring frequently. Set aside and wipe out the skillet with a paper towel.
- Pat the salmon dry. Brush with the remaining oil and sprinkle with pepper and salt. Heat the skillet (do not add oil or butter) over medium heat and sauté the salmon 4 min. per side, or until it is just done.
- Drain the potatoes, put back in the pan, add the yogurt and coarsely mash with potato masher. Mix in the drained beets, onion, garlic and watercress and season with pepper and salt. Divide salmon and mash among 4 plates and serve.
- October 2015