Meal-prep breakfast with these easy one-pan breakfast bars. Freeze the protein-packed bars ahead of time to reheat as a quick and kid-friendly meal.
- 2 (7 oz) pkgs turkey breakfast sausage patties
- Cooking spray
- ½ (30 oz) bag frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen chopped onions and bell peppers, thawed and drained
- 1 cup finely shredded triple Cheddar cheese blend, divided
- 12 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Microwave the sausage according to package directions. Let cool slightly, then chop into small pieces. Generously coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with the cooking spray.
- To a large bowl, add the potatoes, onions and peppers, ½ cup cheese, and sausage pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Add mixture to prepared baking dish.
- In the same bowl, whisk the eggs until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper. Gently pour egg mixture all over potatoes. Top with remaining ½ cup cheese. Cover with foil and bake 40 min. Remove foil and bake 15–25 min. more, until eggs are set and top is lightly browned. Let cool slightly, then cut into bars. Eat immediately or let cool completely before freezing.
To freeze, allow bars to cool completely before wrapping each bar tightly in plastic and placing wrapped bars in a resealable plastic bag in the freezer. To reheat, microwave for 1–2 min., until warmed through.
This recipe is
- one pan
- September 2022
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Prep