Lighter than traditional nachos, these feature ground turkey and tons of veggie garnishes for an easy, family-friendly weeknight dinner.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey breast
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low-sodium pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 (9 oz) bag tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Salsa and sour cream, as needed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the ground turkey, cumin, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté 7–8 min., until fully cooked, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Stir in the beans and corn and cook 2–3 min., until warmed.
- Add the tortilla chips to a 12x16-inch rimmed sheet pan. Add the ground turkey and bean mixture over the chips and then top with the cheese. Bake 15 min., until cheese is completely melted.
- When done, garnish nachos with the tomatoes, bell pepper, lettuce, avocado, and cilantro, or let guests individually garnish nacho portions themselves. Top with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- 30 minutes
- Guiding Stars
- January 2022
- Egg Free