These satisfying meatless tacos are flavorful and filling. Easily prepared in the Instant Pot, the walnut-lentil base is packed with protein.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups dried brown lentils
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped walnuts
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup grated reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Medium flour tortillas, to serve
- Diced tomatoes, chopped green onions, and Greek yogurt, to serve
- Using a box grater, grate the onion. To the Instant Pot, add the onion, garlic, lentils, walnuts, oregano, paprika, cumin, and ¾ cup water. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the tomatoes on top; do not stir.
- Cook on high pressure for 20 min. Let natural release for 5 min. Stir in the cheese until melted. Serve taco mixture on tortillas with favorite toppings.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- one pot
- Guiding Stars
- January 2022
- Egg Free