Creamy, chocolatey, and crunchy all in one bite, these New Zealand cookies are a chocolate lover’s dream. Topped with chocolate ganache and almonds or nonpareils, these will be a hit with family and friends of all ages.
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups unsweetened corn flakes
- ⅓ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 (4 oz) semisweet chocolate bar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ (9.5 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Dark Chocolate Almonds (optional)
- ⅓ (9.5 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Free From Dark Chocolate Nonpareils (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, whisk the egg white until frothy. To bowl, add the cornflakes and confectioners’ sugar. Spread onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 5–10 min. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and brown sugar with a rubber spatula until just combined. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour and cocoa powder. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, folding until just combined. Fold in cooled cornflakes (they will crumble a bit).
- Roll dough into 2-tbsp balls and arrange on 2 large parchment-lined cookie sheets. Press down gently on each cookie to slightly flatten. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour until chilled. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake 15 min., rotating trays halfway through.
- Once cookies are cooled completely, make the ganache. Using a serrated knife, chop the chocolate into small pieces. Add chocolate to a medium bowl. In microwave-safe small bowl, heat the cream in 30-second intervals until almost boiling. Pour over chocolate and let sit 2–3 min. to melt. Stir to combine until chocolate is fully melted.
- Dollop ganache onto each cookie and top with a chocolate-covered almond or nonpareil, if desired. Let sit at room temperature until set. Keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
This recipe is
- December 2021