This recipe for a riff on the classic easy, no-bake snack can be adapted for any occasion just by changing up the colors and cookie cutter shapes. Use as little or as much food dye as you want.
- Cooking spray
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 (10 oz) pkg mini marshmallows
- ¾ to 1½ tsp red food coloring
- ¾ to 2 tsp blue food coloring
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal, divided
- Line a 9x13-inch pan with foil and coat with the cooking spray. Divide the butter between 2 large microwave-safe bowls. Microwave each bowl on high for 30 sec.–1 min., until butter melts. Divide the marshmallows between the bowls and microwave each in 30-sec. intervals, stirring in between, until fully melted, about 1 min.
- To separate bowls, add the red and blue food coloring, stirring to combine. To each bowl, fold in 3 cups crispy rice cereal. If the mixture becomes too stiff to stir, microwave for 10 sec.
- With a lightly sprayed spoon, drop each color by scoopfuls into prepared pan in a random pattern. With lightly sprayed hands, press down firmly until tightly packed. Cool completely. Use foil to remove from pan, then use a 2½- to 3-inch star cookie cutter to cut out 16 stars. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
This recipe is
- June 2021
- Nut Free
- Wheat Free
- Egg Free
- Calories 113kcal 6%
- Fat 2.3g 4%
- Saturated fat 1.4g 7%
- Carbs 22.8g 8%
- Sodium 103mg 4%
- 11.1g sugar
- 0.1g fiber
- 1.0g protein
- 6mg cholesterol