An Instant Pot eliminates the constant stirring typical of this Italian dish. Crispy prosciutto brings texture and an extra pop of flavor to this easy gluten-free recipe.
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- 4 cups low-sodium gluten-free chicken broth
- ½ (3 oz) pkg prosciutto
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. From the lemon, grate 1 tsp zest and squeeze 1 tbsp juice.
- In an Instant Pot or multi-cooker, heat the oil on the sauté function on high. Add the shallots, garlic, and sage. Cook 3–5 min., until shallots are tender, stirring often. Add the rice and cook 1 min., stirring often. Add the broth and lemon juice, scraping up any browned bits. Turn off sauté function.
- Seal and set to high pressure. Cook 8 min. Meanwhile, line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Arrange the prosciutto on the prepared pan in a single layer and bake 8–10 min., until crispy and browned. Let cool.
- Let risotto pressure release naturally 5 min., then quick release. If risotto seems too loose, simmer 2–3 min., until desired consistency. Stir in the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide risotto among 4 shallow bowls. To garnish, crumble the crispy prosciutto and sprinkle the lemon zest over risotto.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- Guiding Stars
- May 2021
- Egg Free