Keep chickpeas in your pantry to add easy and affordable protein to dishes like this Mediterranean-inspired vegetarian recipe that is packed with flavor.
- Cooking spray
- 2 pitas
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can reduced-sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup store bought Greek vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Coat paper with the cooking spray.
- Cut each pita into 8 wedges. Arrange on prepared pan. Coat tops of pitas with cooking spray. Spread out in single layer. Sprinkle with the cumin and season with salt. Bake 7–8 min., until toasted and crispy. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the lettuce, tomatoes, chickpeas, onion, and parsley.
- To bowl with salad, break pita chips into smaller pieces. Add the vinaigrette. Toss until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To mellow the bite of raw onion, soak in ice water for 10 min., then rinse and drain. Pat dry with paper towel before using.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Budget Friendly
- Guiding Stars
- $10 Meals
- May 2021
- Calories 261kcal 13%
- Fat 9.0g 14%
- Saturated fat 1.0g 5%
- Carbs 37.0g 12%
- Sodium 455mg 19%
- 7.0g sugar
- 9.0g fiber
- 9.0g protein
- 0mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?