Wow your loved one with a plate of tender steak and seared scallops, an impressive, romantic dinner that’s done in just 20 minutes.
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 (10 oz) pkg Nature’s Promise Organic Grass-Fed Beef Strip Steak
- 1 (9 oz) pkg microwave-in-bag spinach
- 6 sea scallops
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Pat the steak dry. Season with salt and pepper. Add steak and cook 4–5 min. per side for medium, or until desired doneness. Transfer steak to a plate and cover with foil to rest.
- While steak cooks, microwave the spinach according to package directions. Remove small side muscles from the scallops, then pat very dry with paper towels.
- After removing steak, wipe out the skillet. Rub scallops with the paprika. Season with salt and pepper. In skillet, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add scallops and cook 2–3 min., until golden brown on bottoms. Add the butter to the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Turn scallops over and cook another 2 min., until golden brown on bottoms, occasionally spooning melted butter over. Transfer scallops to 2 serving plates.
- Thinly slice steak. Serve alongside scallops and spinach with the lemon. Spoon any butter from skillet over scallops.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- guiding star
- February March 2021
- Wheat Free
- Egg Free