An air fryer brings crunch to mild-mannered tofu while a flavor-packed dressing of orange, sesame oil, and rice vinegar dresses up the accompanying veggies.
- 1 (14 oz) block extra firm tofu
- 1 small orange
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 (12 oz) bag rainbow slaw
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Place the tofu on 2 layers of paper towels, then cover with 2 more layers. Top with a flat cutting board or small baking sheet and weigh down with 2 cans. Let stand 15 min.
- Meanwhile, squeeze 3 tbsp juice from the orange into a medium bowl. To juice, whisk in the soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil. Season with pepper. Toss sauce with the rainbow slaw and cilantro. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Coat air fryer basket with the cooking spray. Cut tofu into ¼-inch-thick slices. Brush with the canola oil and coat with the cornstarch. Add to air fryer basket, in batches, if necessary. Set temperature to 390°F. Close lid and cook 13–15 min., gently shaking basket every 5 min., until tofu is golden brown. Season with ⅛ tsp each salt and pepper.
- To slaw, add the sesame seeds, if using. Toss to combine. Serve with tofu.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- guiding star
- February March 2021
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free