Store-bought pizza dough and pesto-flavored ricotta bring beets to life. Serve with a salad for dinner or cut into bite-size squares to serve as an appetizer.
- 1 lb fresh or frozen (thawed) pizza dough
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta
- 2 tbsp prepared pesto
- 2 medium beets (about ½ lb)
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Remove the pizza dough from refrigerator and allow to warm up to room temperature. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the ricotta and pesto. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Peel the beets and cut into very thin slices. Add beets to a medium bowl and toss with 2 tbsp oil. Season with salt.
- Stretch and roll the pizza dough into a 13x10-inch rectangle. Arrange on prepared pan. Spread ricotta mixture on dough, leaving ½-inch border. Brush border with remaining 1 tbsp oil. Arrange beet slices over ricotta. Crumble the goat cheese on top.
- Bake 25–28 min., until crust and cheese are golden brown and beets are tender. Garnish with the parsley, if desired.
This recipe is
- February March 2021
- Egg Free