Whip up an easy but crowd-pleasing cheese sauce in the microwave for these no-bake nachos that are the perfect snack for game day or any other day.
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 12 oz boneless ribeye, very thinly sliced
- 12 oz American cheese or cheese product, cut up
- ½ cup jarred salsa
- ½ cup mild or hot pickled jalapeno slices, drained and finely chopped
- 1 (9 oz) bag tortilla chips
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the rib eye to skillet. Season with salt. Cook 3 min., until mostly browned, stirring once. Sprinkle with the spice mixture and cook another 2–3 min., until cooked through.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the cheese, salsa, and pickled jalapeño. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 4–5 min., until melted, stirring once after 2 min.
- Meanwhile, on a large platter, arrange the chips in an even layer. Drizzle half of the cheese mixture over chips. Using tongs or slotted spoon, scatter beef over cheese. Drizzle with remaining cheese mixture. Sprinkle the tomato and cilantro on top.
To get the thinnest slices of steak, place rib eye in the freezer, unwrapped, for about 1 hour, until it is firm but not frozen solid. Using a sharp knife, very thinly slice the steak. For a more affordable option, try 12 oz of boneless top sirloin instead.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- February March 2021
- Egg Free