Tex-Mex-style sweet potatoes can be served as a side dish to steak or chicken or stand on their own as a vegetarian main with a salad on the side.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- ¼ cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Pierce the sweet potatoes all over with a fork and place in a microwave-safe dish. Cover with vented plastic. Microwave on high 10–12 min., until tender, turning over once halfway through. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop the cilantro. Halve potatoes lengthwise. Scoop out most of the sweet potato, leaving skins intact, and add scooped-out potato to a medium bowl.
- To bowl, add the oil and chili powder. Mash until mostly smooth. Fold in the feta cheese and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Season sweet potato cavities with salt and stuff with sweet potato–feta mixture. Roast on a baking sheet 10 min., until tops are brown.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Oct/Nov 2020
- gluten free
- Five Ingredients
- take 5
- Wheat Free
- 5 ingredients
- Egg Free