This cheesy, flavor-packed riff on a classic meatloaf becomes weeknight-friendly and hands-off with the help of the slow cooker.
- ⅔ cup bread crumbs
- Cooking spray
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into wedges
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 large egg
- 1 (1 oz) packet ranch seasoning
- ½ cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar, divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ lbs 90% lean ground beef
- In a large bowl, stir together the bread crumbs and ½ cup water. Let stand 10 min., until pasty. Line a 5- to 6-qt slow cooker bowl with foil, covering bottom and all the way up sides. Coat foil with the cooking spray. In a food processor, pulse the red pepper and onion until finely minced.
- To bowl with crumbs, add bell pepper and onion mixture, leaving any excess liquid behind. Add the egg, ranch seasoning, ¼ cup barbecue sauce, ½ cup Cheddar, salt, and pepper. Stir together thoroughly. Add the beef and mix until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to lined slow cooker bowl and form into loaf. Brush top with remaining ¼ cup barbecue sauce. Cover and cook on low 6 hours.
- Preheat broiler. Uncover slow cooker. Using foil, lift meatloaf out of slow cooker bowl and transfer to a sheet pan. Spoon or drain off any excess liquid on foil around meatloaf. Top with remaining ½ cup Cheddar and broil until cheese melts. Let stand 5 min. before slicing.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Oct/Nov 2020
- Calories 365kcal 18%
- Fat 19.8g 30%
- Saturated fat 9.6g 48%
- Carbs 18.2g 6%
- Sodium 1049mg 44%
- 7.5g sugar
- 1.0g fiber
- 26.6g protein
- 105mg cholesterol