Crumbled meatless sausage brings all the flavor without any of the meat for this hearty pasta dinner.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 links meatless Italian sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups frozen chopped kale, thawed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup half & half
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup cooking liquid before draining.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium. Add the sausage and onion. Cook 5 min., until sausage is browned, breaking up sausage with back of spoon.
- Stir in the kale, tomatoes, and half & half. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook 5 min., until onion is tender, stirring often.
- Toss cooked spaghetti with sausage mixture, adding pasta water if needed. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
Use a brand of softer meatless sausage that can be crumbled into smaller bits or substitute meatless crumbles and season with a bit of extra salt and pepper.
This recipe is
- Savory May 2020
- Egg Free
- Calories 593kcal 30%
- Fat 25.1g 39%
- Saturated fat 10.0g 50%
- Carbs 67.2g 22%
- Sodium 553mg 23%
- 4.9g sugar
- 5.2g fiber
- 25.0g protein
- 56mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?