Grated apple lends a hint of sweetness to these easy, cheesy one-bowl biscuits that can be slathered with butter and eaten on their own or paired with soup or a salad.
- 3 oz extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 small Gala or Empire apple, cored
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment. Coarsely grate the Cheddar (about ⅔ cup) and the apple (about 1 cup).
- In a large bowl, stir together the baking mix, milk, and salt. Fold in Cheddar and apple until just combined and dough comes together. Scoop onto cookie sheet into 10 mounds. Bake 12 min.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the butter and chives. Season butter mixture with pepper. Brush on top of biscuits after biscuits have baked 12 min. Continue baking biscuits another 5–6 min., until golden brown.
- Cool slightly on wire rack. Serve warm.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- May 2020
- guiding star
- Egg Free