A healthy pasta dish with a mixture of pantry and refrigerator staples makes for a dinner that’s both fast and budget-friendly.
- 1 (13.2 oz) box whole-grain penne
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (5 oz) canned tuna in vegetable oil, drained
- ½ (8 oz) bag washed spinach
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- Cook the penne according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium. Add the onion and bell peppers. Season with salt. Cook 5 min., until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes and tuna. Cook another 5 min., until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add the cooked penne and stir in the spinach until wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with the oregano.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Budget Friendly
- May 2020
- Guiding Stars
- guiding star
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free