Meringue meets coconut macaroon in this gorgeous gluten-free dessert, perfect for Passover or any holiday meal.
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 large white eggs, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp kosher for Passover white wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp potato starch
- 1 ½ cups shredded sweetened coconut, divided
- 1 (6 oz) pkg raspberries
- ½ cup kosher for Passover chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment. Trace a 9-inch circle onto parchment, then turn sheet over. Split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- With a hand or stand mixer, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually beat in the sugar. Beat in the wine, potato starch, and vanilla bean seeds until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the coconut, reserving about ¼ cup for decoration.
- Spoon mixture inside the parchment circle. With back of spoon or spatula, make the outside edges slightly higher.
- When ready to serve, arrange the raspberries on top of macaroon cake. In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips in 30-sec. intervals, until melted, stirring in between intervals. Drizzle chocolate over raspberries. Sprinkle reserved ¼ cup coconut on top.
For extra crunch and texture, toast the ¼ cup of coconut that goes on top in a dry skillet on medium-low until golden, stirring often.
This recipe is
- April 2020
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- Calories 324kcal 16%
- Fat 12.9g 20%
- Saturated fat 8.8g 44%
- Carbs 52.1g 17%
- Sodium 79mg 3%
- 47.9g sugar
- 3.0g fiber
- 4.2g protein
- 82mg cholesterol