The slow cooker keeps the chicken moist and the cheese melty in this simplified take on a Tex-Mex classic.
- Cooking spray
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa verde
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella, divided
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Coat the bowl of a large slow cooker with the cooking spray.
- Pour the salsa into a large shallow dish. Dip each tortilla into salsa to coat well and place on a plate. To remaining salsa in dish, add the chicken, cumin, green chilies, and ½ cup cheese. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon some chicken mixture into 1 tortilla and roll up. Arrange in slow cooker bowl, seam side down in single layer. Repeat with remaining chicken and tortillas. Stir the sour cream into any remaining salsa in dish and pour over tortillas. Top with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Cover and cook on low 3–4 hours, until cheese melts. To serve, garnish with the green onions.
- October 2019
- Guiding Stars
- Calories 248kcal 12%
- Fat 7.2g 11%
- Saturated fat 2.8g 14%
- Carbs 29.6g 10%
- Sodium 679mg 28%
- 3.5g sugar
- 5.0g fiber
- 17.0g protein
- 38mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?