This spin on pho ga, a classic Vietnamese street food, features the soup’s signature fragrant broth, chicken, and rice noodles.
- 2 qts Nature's Promise Low-Sodium Organic Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 (2 - inch) chunk fresh ginger, scrubbed and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed
- 8 oz thin vermicelli rice noodles
- 3 cups fresh bean sprouts
- Fresh basil, sliced jalapeňos, lime wedges, and sriracha to garnish
- In a large slow cooker bowl, combine the broth, brown sugar, fish sauce, star anise, cinnamon stick, ginger, garlic, and onion. Add the chicken, rib-sides up. Cover and cook on low 8 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a plate. Use a slotted spoon to remove and discard star anise, cinnamon stick, and ginger. Increase slow cooker heat to high. Stir the rice noodles and bean sprouts into the broth. Cover and cook 10 min., until noodles are tender.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken and discard the bones. Divide noodles, broth, and chicken among 4 bowls. Garnish as desired.
- October 2019
- Calories 463kcal 23%
- Fat 9.8g 15%
- Saturated fat 2.8g 14%
- Carbs 66.3g 22%
- Sodium 1003mg 42%
- 9.3g sugar
- 3.1g fiber
- 29.2g protein
- 45mg cholesterol