Crunchy toast soaks up the garlic-scented liquid in this delightful vegetarian dinner.
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 small bunches (about 8 cups, packed) kale, chopped and washed
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (19 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 8 (¾-inch) slices Italian bread
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the garlic. Cook 1 min., stirring often.
- Add the kale and cook 2–3 min., until slightly wilted, stirring often. Add the broth, beans, and crushed red pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat and simmer 8–10 min., until kale is tender and some liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat broiler on high. Place the bread on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 2–3 min., turning halfway through, until toasted.
- Divide toasts among 4 shallow bowls. Spoon bean mixture over toasts to serve.
This recipe is
- Budget Friendly
- October 2019
- Guiding Stars
- $10 Meals
- Calories 338kcal 17%
- Fat 13.0g 20%
- Saturated fat 2.0g 10%
- Carbs 46.0g 15%
- Sodium 593mg 25%
- 3.0g sugar
- 6.0g fiber
- 11.0g protein
- 0mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?