Featuring a spicy fish sauce vinaigrette, this lighter twist on takeout noodles can be served warm or cold.
- 1 (16 oz) pkg straight-cut rice noodles
- 1 lb raw peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 bunch green onions
- ⅓ cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp Asian chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups shredded (matchstick) carrots
- Set grill to medium-high. Cook the rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill 2–3 min. per side, until cooked through.
- Chop the green onions and peanuts. In a large bowl, whisk the fish sauce, lime juice, Asian chili garlic sauce, and brown sugar.
- To bowl, add the carrots, noodles, shrimp, green onions, and peanuts. Toss until well combined.
Find Asian chili garlic sauce near the other hot sauces or in the international aisle. Add it to a wide variety of marinades and dressings for a garlicky kick.
- S6 2019
- Calories 419kcal 21%
- Fat 7.0g 11%
- Saturated fat 1.0g 5%
- Carbs 75.0g 25%
- Sodium 1103mg 46%
- 6.0g sugar
- 3.0g fiber
- 13.0g protein
- 95mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?