No fryer needed when cooking spray and a hot oven can do the trick for these super-crunchy corn tortillas topped with a mixture of seasoned beef and hearty refried beans.
- 8 small corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Nature's Promise® 92% Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 (16 oz) can fat-free refried beans
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with foil. Coat both sides of the tortillas with cooking spray. Bake in the oven 4 min. per side, until each side is golden. Remove and let cool until crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the ground beef, hot sauce, cumin, and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper. Cook beef until browned, 5–7 min., stirring and breaking up beef with back of spoon. Add the refried beans and cook 2 min., until warm, stirring to combine.
- Finely dice the tomatoes. Top tortillas with beef mixture. Garnish each with lettuce and tomato.
- Budget Friendly
- April 2019
- Guiding Stars
- $10 Meals