Revamped for the weeknight hustle, this New Orleans comfort classic still delivers mega flavor and is chock-full of veggies.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 (10 oz) container mirepoix (diced onions, celery, and carrots)
- 1 (9 oz) pkg diced tri-color peppers
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 2 (8 oz) bottles clam juice
- 1 (14.5 oz) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen cut okra, thawed
- 1 lb frozen raw peeled, deveined extra-large shrimp, thawed
- 1 (8 oz) pkg lump crabmeat, picked over
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil on medium-high. Add the mirepoix and peppers. Cook 6–8 min., until softened, stirring often. Sprinkle in the flour and cook 2 min., until mixture is golden, stirring and scraping with wooden spoon constantly.
- Stir in the Cajun seasoning, clam juice, ¾ cup water, tomatoes, and okra. Heat to a boil on high. Reduce to simmer and cook 10 min., until vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir shrimp into mixture and cook 3 min., until just cooked through. Add the crab and cook 1 min., until heated through. Divide among bowls.
Serve over white long-grain rice with some Louisiana-style hot sauce and thinly sliced green onions.
- S2 2019
- Calories 190kcal 10%
- Fat 6.0g 9%
- Saturated fat 0.5g 3%
- Carbs 16.3g 5%
- Sodium 1058mg 44%
- 6.3g sugar
- 4.2g fiber
- 19.2g protein
- 136mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?