This lighter version of a takeout classic cuts down on carbs by mixing cauliflower rice and brown rice. Edamame provides filling plant-based protein.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ¾ cup diced onions
- ½ (16 oz) pkg chopped kale
- 1 (3.5 oz) pkg sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 (12 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Organic Cauliflower Rice
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 cup frozen corn and peas, thawed
- 1 (8.8 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Free from Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- In a deep 12-inch nonstick skillet or wok, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the onions. Cook 5 min., until golden, stirring often. Add the kale in batches, stirring until wilted. Add the mushrooms and cook 5 min. Season with salt.
- To same skillet, add the cauliflower rice. Cook 2 min., stirring often. Stir in the edamame and corn and peas. Cook 4 min., until warm.
- Break up the brown rice in the bag and add to skillet, along with the soy sauce and sesame oil. Cook 2 min., stirring often.
- In Season
- S1 2019
- Calories 403kcal 20%
- Fat 11.1g 17%
- Saturated fat 1.2g 6%
- Carbs 66.2g 22%
- Sodium 364mg 15%
- 4.5g sugar
- 7.9g fiber
- 13.3g protein
- 0mg cholesterol