These meaty stuffed potatoes are hearty and satisfying. A combo of sweet corn, light cheese, and lean ground beef make sure no one leaves the table hungry.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz 93% lean ground beef
- 1 (8 oz) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- With a fork, prick the potatoes all over. Place in a microwave-safe dish. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 5 min. Using tongs or a fork, carefully turn potatoes over and continue microwaving 5–8 min., until fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the beef and cook 5 min., until browned, breaking up with back of spoon. Stir in the tomato sauce, corn, chili powder, and paprika. Cook 3 min., until beef is cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Halve potatoes lengthwise and scrape and fluff insides with fork. Season with salt. Spoon beef mixture over potato halves. Sprinkle with the Cheddar and garnish with the cilantro.
- Budget Friendly
- Guiding Stars
- $10 Meals
- January 2019