For picky eaters who won’t touch anything green, try using veggies as edible vessels like these hollowed-out zucchini stuffed with creamy rice and crunchy bacon.
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 (8.8 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Long Grain White Rice
- 3 large zucchini
- ¼ cup vodka pasta sauce
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup grated pecorino cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Finely chop the bacon.
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook bacon on medium 6–8 min., until crispy, stirring often. Heat the rice according to package directions. Transfer bacon to a medium bowl.
- Meanwhile, halve the zucchini lengthwise. With small spoon, scrape out the flesh. Finely chop the scraped zucchini flesh and add to bacon, along with vodka sauce, milk, cheese, and rice. Stir to combine.
- Arrange zucchini on baking sheet and divide rice filling among zucchini, stuffing tightly. Bake 15–18 min., until zucchini is tender and edges are golden.
- September 2018
- guiding star