No one will ever guess there are 2 servings of veggies in each portion of this Italian-American classic.
- Cooking spray
- 1 large carrot
- 4 cups loosely packed torn fresh kale
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 lb 85% lean ground beef
- 1 (12 oz) box thin spaghetti
- 2 cups diced peppers
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil and coat with cooking spray. Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Thinly slice the carrot and add to food processor, along with kale and garlic. Pulse until very finely minced, stopping and stirring. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl and combine with the Parmesan and bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in beef and form into 16–18 golf ball-size meatballs. Arrange on baking sheets and coat tops with spray. Bake 12 min., until well browned.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. To a greased 12-inch skillet, add the peppers. Cook on medium-high 8 min., stirring often. Add the marinara and cook 1 min.
- Add meatballs to skillet, spooning sauce on top. Cover skillet and cook 3 min., until meatballs are cooked through. Serve spaghetti with meatballs and sauce.
Garnish with basil and additional Parm, if desired.
- S7 2018
- Calories 739kcal 37%
- Fat 24.3g 37%
- Saturated fat 7.6g 38%
- Carbs 97.0g 32%
- Sodium 865mg 36%
- 13.0g sugar
- 13.5g fiber
- 45.5g protein
- 82mg cholesterol