The sweet peas are the base for this springtime take on pizza. A little bacon and Gruyère cheese turn it into a satisfying and sophisticated dinner.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 (12 inch) prepared pizza crust
- 3 slices Nature's Promise Free from Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen peas
- ½ cup fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 3 tbsp grated pecorino cheese
- 1 small clove garlic
- ¾ cup grated Gruyère cheese
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Brush a large baking sheet with 1 tsp oil. Place the crust on baking sheet. Finely chop the bacon.
- In a 10-inch skillet, cook the bacon on medium 6 min., until most of fat has rendered, stirring often. Add the peas and cook 2 min., until bacon is crispy and peas are cooked, stirring often.
- In a food processor, pulse the basil, walnuts, pecorino, garlic, salt, and pepper until finely chopped. Pulse in remaining oil until smooth. Spread pesto all over crust. Top with pea mixture. Sprinkle Gruyère all over peas. Bake 15 min., until bottom of crust is deep golden brown.
- Finely grate zest from lemon all over pizza. Garnish with additional basil leaves.
- S3 videos
- S3 2018
- Calories 616kcal 31%
- Fat 40.8g 63%
- Saturated fat 15.3g 77%
- Carbs 33.8g 11%
- Sodium 802mg 33%
- 7.6g sugar
- 6.3g fiber
- 30.6g protein
- 75mg cholesterol