Skip the time-consuming and heavy crumb crust of traditional chicken parm by simply browning the chicken in the pan before topping with sauce and a blend of your favorite Italian cheeses.
- 1 ¾ lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cups Prego ® Traditional Italian Pasta Sauce
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 6 oz)
- Season the chicken with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned on both sides, about 10 min.
- Stir the sauce and 3 tbsp Parmesan into the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 min.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella and remaining 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese. Let stand 5 min. or until the cheese is melted.
- Savory 8 2017
- take 5
- Calories 284kcal 14%
- Fat 12.0g 18%
- Saturated fat 4.3g 22%
- Carbs 6.4g 2%
- Sodium 615mg 26%
- 3.8g sugar
- 1.1g fiber
- 35.6g protein
- 104mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?