Try this tasty bowl for breakfast and dinner.
- 1 cup medium-grain brown rice
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large avocado
- cooking spray
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place drained chickpeas on a baking tray coated with cooking spray. Roast in the oven for 10 min. or until lightly browned and crispy on the outside. Remove and set aside.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray and crack the eggs into the pan to make 4 sunny-side up eggs.
- Slice the avocado. Divide cooked rice among 4 bowls. Add about ⅓ cup of the roasted beans over the rice, followed by ¼ of the avocado, and 1 sunny-side up egg. Serve immediately.
For a rich, smoky flavor, sprinkle the beans with smoked paprika before roasting them and add a dash to the eggs before serving.
- Calories 394kcal 20%
- Fat 13.5g 21%
- Saturated fat 2.7g 14%
- Carbs 54.3g 18%
- Sodium 363mg 15%
- 0.4g sugar
- 9.0g fiber
- 15.1g protein
- 164mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?